This week, I am attending the European Conference on African Studies in Paris where Susanne Buckley-Zistel and I convene a Panel on Gender, Violence and Refugee Communities.
Speakers on our panel:
• Betts Alexander, Refugee Studies Centre/University of Oxford (Will Jones presented his paper)
Violence, Gender, and Deportation: Angola’s Treatment of Congolese Survival Migrants
• Kivilcim Zeynep, Istanbul University ; Ozgur Nurcan, Istanbul University
Out-of-camp Syrian Women and LGBTI refugees in Turkey: Amid Legal Blindness and Structural Violence
• Krause Ulrike, CCS/Philipps-University Marburg
Escaping Conflicts and Being Safe? Post-Conflict Refugee Camps and the Continuum of Violence
• Lewis Chloe, University of Oxford
“We Will Speak Out”: Engendering Understandings of Faith-based Responses to SGBV in Displacement
• Paszkiewicz Natalia, IARS
Abused No More?: The Voices of Refugee and Asylum-seeking Women in the UK
More information via this link.